- cut-and-sew posted this
andrea and i met at a mutual friend’s graduation party back in 2006. she had great style (still does) and this very indie rock hair cut (still does); i knew from looking at her that we were supposed to be friends. in a matter of minutes we both discovered that we had not only a mutual love for fashion, music (see the playlist, and you’ll understand. i mean she chose quadron, soulstice, and esthero for her playlist! HELLO!), and most importantly london. over the course of a year we would keep bumping into each other at shows, and ultimately wind up living in the uk at the same time.
andrea is one of the very few friends of mine that are (for lack of a better phrase) ‘on their s**t’ when it comes to music. she’s one of the very few people i can geek out with over certain artists and she’ll understand exactly what i mean (even if my descriptions make no sense whatsoever). with that said — i was over the moon when she gave me her playlist to feature on cut + sew. enjoy — and hopefully we’ll be hearing more from her in the future.
note: apologies for the analog sound quality of ‘Horizons’ — it was the only copy i could get my hands on!
1. Soulstice :: Fall Into You
2. Ben Westbeech :: Slowly
3. Blue States :: Leaning In
4. Quadron :: Average Fruit
5. LTJ Bukem :: Horizons (Remix)
6. The Stepkids :: La La
7. 4hero :: Parallel Universe
8. Friendly Fires :: Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
9. Jazzanova :: Another New Day
10. Esthero :: Country Livin’
11. Air France :: June Evenings
12. Unity :: I Love You
13. Zero 7 :: Polaris
14. Bent :: Beautiful Otherness
15. David Axelrod :: A Dream
16. Goldfrapp :: Deep Honey
17. Kirsty Hawkshaw :: Fine Time
18. Erik Satie :: Gymnopedie for Piano #1
Right click here to download episode.